University College Dublin
Education That Meets the Future
Enter Your Details to Enquire
Top-Quality Study Atmosphere
Ongoing Research & Innovation Programs
Global Employment Opportunities
University College Dublin
One of the Top Universities
- Boasting as the largest university in Ireland, UCD hosts a vibrant community of 32,000 students and 1,500 esteemed faculty members.
- With its roots deeply embedded in Roman Catholicism, the university traces its origins back to 1854 and the visionary ‘The Idea of a University,’ led by the first rector, John Henry Newman.
- UCD’s mission revolves around preparing students to face global challenges and make a positive impact in the world.
- Embrace the rich history of UCD, which has played a pivotal role in shaping modern Ireland across various fields of endeavour.
- Acknowledged as a top-tier institution, UCD proudly holds a place within the top 1% of higher education establishments globally.
- Experience a truly international environment, with students from an astounding 139 countries and more than 5,000 students from abroad.
- Step on the vast and picturesque 133-hectare campus, providing state-of-the-art facilities that are second to none.
- UCD’s diverse range of disciplines enriches Ireland’s cultural fabric through the study of economy, society, business, culture, and languages.
Dublin, also known as the lively and captivating heart of Ireland, presents an alluring destination for international students seeking an enriching educational experience. The capital seamlessly weaves together its storied past and contemporary flair, offering a unique and vibrant backdrop for learning.
Boasting world-class universities, Dublin opens its doors to a diverse student community, creating a rich melting pot of cultures and ideas. Moreover, the city’s warm and welcoming atmosphere ensures that students find a supportive environment to thrive academically and personally. Begin your journey to study in Dublin for an unforgettable adventure filled with academic excellence, personal growth, and cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
ABOUT University College Dublin
University College Dublin is one of the top universities across the globe. It is one of Europe’s top research-intensive universities that is ranked amongst the top 1% of academic institutes in the world. UCD has ranked number one in Ireland for Graduate Employability since 2018.
UCD is globally recognised for its excellence in teaching and learning – 4 subjects are ranked in the top 50 in the world in the latest edition of the most-consulted university rankings (QS World University Ranking by Subject 2023).
UCD students and a worldwide network of 304,426 alumni benefit from a UCD education that enables them to thrive and contribute in an increasingly global community.
The University College Dublin has over 38000 students from almost 152 countries. UCD is touted as the number one ‘university of destination’ for international students coming to Ireland to pursue higher education.
At University College Dublin
As Ireland’s largest university, UCD offers students the flexibility to choose the desired course at both the undergraduate or graduate level.
For students with diverse inclinations, backgrounds and proficiency, there are hundreds of courses to choose from the disciplines like:
IT & software, Business and Management Studies, Law, Accounting and Commerce, Architecture and Planning, Engineering, Science, Mass Communication and Media, Nursing, Arts, Teaching and Education etc.
Some of the Popular Courses are –
MSc Computer Science
MSc Data and
MSc Regulatory affairs and Toxicology
BSc Computer Science
– Common entry
Bachelor of Civil Law
Why Study at the University College Dublin?
University College Dublin (UCD) has earned a well-deserved reputation for its exceptional combination of academic brilliance, innovation, and a supportive atmosphere. Their mission goes beyond just education; they are committed to driving a dynamic economy through groundbreaking research and nurturing an informed and vibrant society. As a result, UCD stands at the forefront of transformative education, making it a top choice for students seeking a truly enriching learning experience.
As you contemplate your higher education journey, here are compelling reasons to consider UCD –
- Fuelling a dynamic economy through research and innovation, fostering a vibrant culture and informed society.
- Extensive range of research disciplines, with a 50% increase in annual papers over the last decade.
- Global collaborations, co-authoring over 15,000 papers with researchers from 130 countries.
- Leading choice for applicants, with a 98% first-year retention rate and a significant number of undergraduates pursuing postgraduate studies.
- Top-ranked for Graduate Employability, acclaimed worldwide for excellence in learning and teaching.
- Twelve disciplines rank in the top 100 globally, ensuring a high standard of education.
- Unparalleled support system, including peer mentors and student advisers for each program.
- Leading in graduate education, with over 9,000 students, including a quarter in graduate research.
- Modularized education promotes interdisciplinary exploration for over half of the students.
- Exclusive EU Supplement Label for international recognition of students’ education.
Become a part of a diverse and thriving community of scholars, researchers, and visionaries and experience the transformative power of UCD's education with NewStrides.
Empowering UCD's Future: The UCD Foundation
The UCD Foundation, an independent registered charity, collaborates with a global community of UCD alumni and friends to advance the university’s strategic goals. Through impactful philanthropic investment, they support student empowerment, research endeavours, and the development of campus facilities. As UCD’s campus development gains urgency in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the foundation strives to create a safe and inclusive environment for a growing student population.
With unwavering support from visionary donors, UCD celebrates the realisation of the Athletics Track, providing students with confidence and inspiration to succeed. Moreover, UCD and its philanthropic supporters are committed to breaking down social and economic barriers, ensuring equal access and opportunities for all students. By investing in groundbreaking research and fostering a world-class campus, UCD prepares to address global challenges with determination and pave the way for a fairer, safer, and better world.
UCD Michael Smurfit
Graduate Business School
The graduate business school of University College Dublin (UCD) is called the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, and it is situated in Blackrock, Dublin, Ireland. It comes from the 1908-founded UCD Faculty of Commerce, which in 1964 offered the first Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Europe. The school was ranked first in Ireland and number 23 overall in the Financial Times’ 2018 assessment of the top 100 business schools in Europe. The Financial Times’ list of the top European business schools places UCD’s Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School at number 28 in 2021. The Masters in International Management offered by the business school is ranked third worldwide.
The Smurfit School is part of the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), the Association of MBAs, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), and the European Foundation for Management Development’s quality control programme. Additionally, the university is associated with the Global Alliance in Management Education, a grouping of 26 academic institutions and more than 50 top multinational corporations.
Some of the Popular Master’s Courses are –
MSc Human Resource
MSc International Business
MSc Project Management
Placements at University College Dublin
During their final year of degree, students seek placement assistance. The Career Network at the University College Dublin assists graduates in finding a dream job in reputed companies. UCD students get placed or acquire an internship in top companies in Ireland as early as the end of the second semester. The reason for this quick placement is the strong UCD alumni dedicated to ensuring top quality education and familiarising students with the rigour of modern work culture.
Once the students have completed the graduation program, the major industries where they can look for work opportunities are:
● Life sciences
● Financial services
● Arts and recreation
● Professional services
University College Dublin witnesses placement drives from top companies such as Google, Facebook, Bank of Ireland, Vodafone, KPMG, Accenture, Rolls Royce, Huawei, Novartis, Dell, Sandoz, and Ferrari, to name a few.
at the University College Dublin
If the student wishes to apply for the undergraduate course, the last date is the 15th of July. Admissions for all Masters Courses start from the 1st of October every year. And it goes without saying that admissions for competitive courses might close early owing to huge demand. So make sure you apply for master’s courses as soon as admissions start.
Thus, it is best to apply for the desired course at University College Dublin as soon as possible. For more information on the exact deadlines for application, it is recommended to get in touch with a counsellor at NewStrides Consulting.