National College of Ireland
Empowering Students to Shape the Future
Enter Your Details to Enquire
Small Class Sizes
Empowering Cultural Events
Your Complete Guide to Admissions at the
National College of Ireland
- The National College of Ireland (NCI) is a non-profit and state-aided institute for higher education in Ireland.
- Established in 1951, NCI offered free education to civilians after World War II and is known for its industry-oriented courses.
- The institute boasts a network of over 50,000 alumni worldwide and strong connections with popular US universities.
- The School of Computing at NCI is the largest in Ireland in central Dublin.
- NCI collaborates closely with companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to develop courses that facilitate employment for graduates.
- NCI hosts free public events, including web technology conferences and marketing seminars, to promote knowledge sharing.
Dublin, the vibrant heartbeat of Ireland, beckons to aspiring students from around the world with its irresistible charm and endless opportunities. As the dynamic capital city, Dublin seamlessly blends centuries of rich history with a modern, progressive spirit. With its world-class universities, diverse student community, and a supportive environment, studying in Dublin promises to be an unforgettable journey of academic excellence, personal development, and unforgettable memories.
The National College of Ireland is an esteemed institution established in 1951 focusing on producing skilled leaders for industry demands. As a government-funded institute, NCI offers outstanding learning environments and strong links with businesses and the public sector.
NCI provides a vibrant campus life with diverse societies, sports activities, volunteering, and social events that leave a lasting impact. Students can engage in various Clubs & Societies on campus, catering to sports enthusiasts, team players, and those with special interests.
The campus, located in Dublin’s thriving business districts, is surrounded by global companies in the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) and the tech hub of Silicon Docks.
If you’re planning on seeking admission to the National College of Ireland, this guide will be your trusted companion, revealing all the specifics you need to know to realise incredible career possibilities in the future.
At The National College of Ireland
Some of the popular undergraduate courses at NCI include
They also offer certificate, foundation, higher diploma, and pre-Masters programs, opening doors for career advancement and educational growth. Explore a wide range of programs at the National College of Ireland with NewStrides today!
Why Study at the National College of Ireland (NCI)?
Located in Dublin, the National College of Ireland is a renowned educational institution that stands out because of its reputation, attracting students from all across the globe. NCI offers a plethora of full-time and part-time courses that students can pursue to advance their career to secure high-paying jobs.
NCI offers internationally recognized qualifications in a friendly and conveniently located campus, ensuring comprehensive student support.
Here are the top reasons why NCI stands out among other colleges in Ireland –
- Internationally Recognized Programs – NCI’s schools of computing and business deliver programs aligned with industry requirements through collaboration with professional bodies and industries.
- Supportive Learning Environment – With a small group teaching structure and a friendly atmosphere, NCI provides exceptional support, particularly for students facing adjustment challenges.
- Welcoming and Diverse Community – NCI welcomes students from around the world, creating a vibrant and inviting community of staff and learners of all ages.
- Expert Faculty – NCI boasts talented and experienced full-time teachers and associate members who combine academic excellence with industry experience and a strong commitment to student learning.
- State-of-the-Art Campus – NCI’s purpose-built campus features modern amenities, including tiered lecture theatres, spacious atrium centres, executive boardrooms, computer laboratories, and more.
- Customized Training – NCI’s training division and professional education offerings make it an ideal educational partner for corporate entities seeking bespoke training solutions.
- Comprehensive Accommodation – NCI provides 53 apartments with ensuite study bedrooms, laundry, and Wi-Fi services, along with a gymnasium, library, student clubs, and restaurants on campus.
National College of Ireland School of Computing
The School of Computing at NCI has experienced significant expansion in recent years, effectively adapting to the evolving needs and advancements in the ICT sector.
Students enrolled in this school have the opportunity to acquire knowledge about the latest technologies through hands-on experience in dedicated computer labs. The School takes pride in employing innovative educational strategies, such as problem-based learning, to deliver its programs. These programs emphasize practical learning, producing highly skilled graduates.
The School offers a diverse range of computing courses, spanning from certificate to master’s level, with specializations in areas like data analytics, web technologies, and cloud computing.
The School of Computing’s distinguished International Advisory Board consists of esteemed academics, including Professor Jeffrey D. Ullman from Stanford University, serving as the Board Chairperson. This Board provides invaluable advice, fosters collaborative links, and cultivates critical relationships to enhance the School’s profile and reputation.
The School of Computing’s education to excellence, commitment to staying abreast of industry advancements, and focus on providing exceptional education ensure a rewarding experience for its students.
Placements at the National College of Ireland
The National College of Ireland boasts an outstanding track record of placement success, with 96% of graduates either employed or pursuing advanced education within six months of graduation. This exceptional achievement establishes NCI as one of Ireland’s leading institutions for graduate employability.
Graduates from NCI command competitive salaries from renowned global companies. Here are some of the most lucrative degrees offered by NCI, along with their average salaries in Euros:
Masters in Finance – €65,000
Bachelor’s Degree – €53,000
Executive Masters – €50,000
NCI’s dedicated career team ensures quality placement for all students. The top career experts help students with various processes such as personality development, perfecting the CV, aptitude development, etc. NCI has several employer partnerships with top companies such as PayPal, Intel, Microsoft Ireland, SAP, ULTAN Technologies, and CarTrawler. These top firms conduct regular placement and student mentoring activities to help students achieve career progress in their respective fields.
By choosing NCI, students gain access to excellent career opportunities and a strong foundation for success in the professional world. The college’s commitment to producing industry-ready graduates is reflected in the remarkable placement outcomes and attractive salaries secured by its alumni.
at National College of Ireland
For the September intake, applications usually open in October of the preceding year, while for the January intake, they typically open in June of the preceding year. The deadlines for each intake vary depending on students’ visa requirements and residency status –
- If students require an entry visa for Ireland, the application deadline is typically in July for the September intake and in November for the January intake.
- Students who do not need an entry visa usually have a later deadline, which falls around August for the September intake and December for the January intake.
- For students already residing in Ireland, the application deadline is typically in August for the September intake and in January for the January intake.
Prospective students should keep track of the specific dates and requirements for each intake to ensure a successful application process at the National College of Ireland.
It is essential to submit a complete application meeting the academic and English language requirements before the deadline. If applying near the deadline, ensure sufficient time for visa application (if applicable).
Proper planning and timely completion of all requirements enhance your chances of securing admission. Contact our consultants at NewStrides for assistance with the admission process at NCI.