One of the top universities in Europe focusing on research is University College Dublin. More than 34,000 students attend the 1854-founded university, including more than 8,500 overseas students from 130 different nations. UCD was at 173rd in the world, placing it among the top 1% of all higher education institutions globally, according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings.
The students gain from a well-rounded educational experience at UCD. The university’s strengths in teaching and research draw students to UCD. The program portfolio at UCD, which offers study in Ireland‘s broadest selection of programs respected and regarded by academic institutions and industries worldwide, is another major lure for international students.
Which courses are offered to international students at University College Dublin?
The undergraduate program is extensive, diversified, and includes UCD Horizons, allowing students to pursue their chosen degree and other interests. Every program offers required and elective module choices, allowing students to develop and adapt in their ways.
With two campuses, related research and teaching centers, UCD is home to a thriving community for postgraduate students. Many programs include graduate diploma and certificate programs, taught and research master’s degrees, and doctoral programs.
UCD offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate courses. Different certificate and diploma programs, Ph.D., MD, and professional doctorate programs, are available. At UCD, different courses are provided through several colleges. Which are:
- The Arts and Humanities College at UCD
- College of Engineering and Architecture UCD and UCD College of Business
- The Social Sciences and Law College at UCD
- College of Science at UCD
The following are some of UCD’s notable course streams:
- Nursing Science Library and Information Management
- English Literature and Language
- Mineral and mining engineering
- Science of Social
What are the eligibility criteria?
Depending on the program study in Ireland consultants will ask you to meet the following criteria before going further; also, one must meet different criteria at UCD. The criteria for eligibility in English are as follows:
- A candidate must receive a TOEFL iBT score of 90 or above overall, with a minimum of 19 in each of the other sections and a minimum of 21 in the writing portion.
- IELTS: A candidate should have a minimum overall score of 6.5 and a minimum sectional score of 6.0.
- PTE: Each item in the section on Communicative Skills must score at least 59 and at least 63.
- On the Cambridge English scale, a score of 176+ (with no less than 169 in each skill and use of English)
What documents are required for admission to University College Dublin?
Based on the course you select and the applicant’s place of origin, a candidate must submit various documents to be admitted to an undergraduate or graduate program.
Commonly needed documents include:
- Filled-out application
- All the academic records from all institutions you last attended
- Evidence of citizenship
- Official results of the English proficiency test
- Total Scores on the SAT/ACT/GMAT/MAT (wherever required)
- Essay as required
- Purpose Statement (wherever required)
- Two recommendation letters (wherever required)
- CV or resume (as per requirement)
Are they offer scholarships or financial aid available for Indian students?
There are numerous UCD and study in Ireland scholarships available for international students. You must first apply online to the UCD programs of your choice before submitting a scholarship application.
One can then fill out the form for the scholarship of your choice if you have been given a spot in a UCD program that is eligible.
Why opt for University College Dublin for study purposes?
- Best in Ireland for academics and international personnel, with more than 30% non-Irish faculty
- Ireland’s top university has ties to and membership in several international research and educational institutions.
- The biggest collections of oral traditions and cultural history in Europe
- A renowned university in Ireland with excellent research
- UCD students have excelled in sports in Ireland and have represented their country at international events like the Olympics.
- UCD has the top-class internationally accredited curriculum in Ireland and offers the widest range of degrees with course flexibility and industry recognition. UCD is a top-ranking university in Ireland for 12 subjects, and many of its undergraduate and postgraduate programs are among the best in the world.
- The MBA in Ireland Universities and EMBA programs of Smurfit Business School are among the top business programs in Europe. Financial Times has put finance at UCD among the best 50 worldwide.
- Regarding food science, UCD ranks first globally for research and citations per paper.
Best Career Possibilities
- According to QS World University Rankings, graduate employability in Ireland is ranked first and 74 globally.
- Indian students at UCD have employability rates as high as 76 percent.
- Dublin is known as Europe’s Tech Capital and offers UCD graduates fantastic job chances in tech behemoths like Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Airbnb, etc.
- Due to Ireland’s deliberate clustering of the top ICT, MedTech, Pharma, Engineering, Financial Services, and Food & Agriculture industries, UCD graduates have plenty of employment options.
- With more than 100 million euros of funding available, UCD’s StartUp Support Centers and business incubators are the largest in Ireland and support student entrepreneurs launching their firms.
- Options for staying back to work while in Ireland on a study abroad visa include one year for UG courses and two years for PG course students.
If you’re considering attending University College Dublin and want to learn more about the programs offered, the cost of attendance, and living expenses, you can contact Newstrides for consultation. You can submit your application and receive an offer with the assistance of our education in Ireland advisers and application specialists.